Graduate & Communications Coordinator
Cris Thompson handles all student and academic related activities for the department. This includes recruiting and admissions, enrollment, plans of study, class registration, and course management and assessment.
She is the communications coordinator for the department and is responsible for departmental publications, newsletters, announcements, and social media.
Mrs. Thompson also provides recruiting and administrative staffing resources for the Translational Plant Sciences doctoral program.
Education & Certifications
- B. S., Communications, Old Dominion University
- A.A.S., Liberal Arts, New River Community College
- Certificate, Brand Ambassador Program, Virginia Tech
- Certificate, Administrative Excellence Fiscal Practices, New River Community College
Awards & Certifications
- Joann Ridpath Staff Award (2016)
- Notary Public for Commonwealth of Virginia (present - 2020)
- (540) 231-0740
413 Price Hall
Mail Code: 0331
Blacksburg, VA 24061